It’s that time of year again. Time for me to preach some online security and get you to use good passwords and online safety.
– Use good (long) /unique passwords.
– Use a password manager.
– Use 2 factor / multi factor authentication – Esp on important accounts like banking.
– Use multiple email address.
– Don’t use email as a user name/log on – if an option.
– Makeup password like answers for security questions.
– Use virtual credit cards, Pay Pal, or special cards for online purchases.
– Setup alerts with bank and credit cards whenever there is a purchase.
– Use a VPN if going online some place public like hotels or coffee shops.
– Consider using a different web browser for banking than you do for normal web surfing.
– Treat phone apps like websites – be careful what you download.
– Turn off as much app sharing as possible. Location, between app tracking…
– Don’t use free WiFi to do mobile banking. Turn off WiFi and use cellular data only.
-or Use a VPN on your phone also. (some banks don’t like VPNs though)
Article in progress…but the breakdown is pretty self explanatory. 12-27-21